Dr. Kolisek's Practice
Dr. Kolisek’s practice is restricted to hip and knee arthritis surgery at OrthoIndy located in Greenwood. The videos below answer four major questions people have when deciding to pursue treatment:
Dr. Kolisek requires each patient to have a body mass index (BMI) of less than 36 prior to surgery as the risk of complications and infection is higher above this level. If you do not know your current BMI, please click here.
Dr. Kolisek and his staff personally evaluate each patient to determine if a partial or a full replacement is necessary to decrease their pain and improve their function. Most patients will seek consultation with Dr. Kolisek when they are experiencing pain in their hip or knee that is adversely affecting their quality of life. If your function is limited because of pain in your hip or knee, then Dr. Kolisek can give you a diagnosis and treatment options to improve your function and decrease your pain.
Watch Video About Surgical Requirements
Signs that it may be time to have a joint replaced
Patients may ask themselves the following questions to help determine if a replacement might be beneficial:
- Does the pain in your knee or hip (hip joint is felt in the groin area, not the back or buttock region) interfere with your daily activities?
- Is it difficult to go up and down stairs because of pain in your hip or knee?
- Can you still perform those activities that are important to you?
- Is your walking distance limited by pain in your hip or knee?
- Is the pain in your hip or knee waking you up at night?
- Are you having trouble getting through your day at work because of pain in your hip or knee?