Hip and Knee Research
Dr. Kolisek conducts clinical research and serves as principal investigator for several clinical studies.
- Principal Investigator: Post Market Study Outcomes of the Stryker Orthopaedics Triathlon PKR Knee System.
- Co-Investigator: A Multi-center Activity Survey Study assessing the patient’s pre and post-op activity levels following total knee arthroplasty. OrthoIndy, Indianapolis, IN. A prospective study initiated in June 2007.
- Co-Investigator: A Multi-center Comparison of Pre and Post-op Activity Levels of Total Hip Arthroplasty Patients. OrthoIndy, Indianapolis, IN. A prospective study initiated in September 2007.
- Principal Investigator: A Multi-center clinical study evaluating the safety and effectiveness of the Scorpio® + PS Mobile Bearing Knee to the Osteonics Scorpio® Knee. Saint Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN. Two-year prospective study initiated January 2006.
- Co-Investigator: Collection of Specimens from Joint Replacement Surgery for In-Vitro Arthritis Research. Saint Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN. A prospective study initiated in December 2004.
- Principal Investigator: The Stryker Howmedica Osteonics ® Multi-center Clinical Investigation Using a Less Invasive Surgical Approach for Total Knee Arthroplasty. Saint Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN. Five-year prospective study initiated April 2003.
- Principal Investigator: Flexibility in Administration of Arixtra for Prevention of Symptomatic Venous Thromboembolism in Orthopedic Surgery. Saint Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN. A multi-site prospective study initiated November 2002.
- Principal Investigator: The Osteonics Scorpio Cruciate Retaining Total Knee System Multi-center Clinical Study. Saint Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN. Five-year prospective study initiated October 2001.
- Principal Investigator: The Osteonics Scorpio Posteriorly Stabilized Total Knee System Multi-center Clinical Study. Saint Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN. Five-year prospective study initiated in February 1998.
- Co-Investigator: A Retrospective Study of Vibration-Induced Carpal Tunnel Syndrome with David E. Connor, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon at University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria. Published 1986.
- Deltoid Ligament Study - Non-operative Treatment, University Medical Center of Jacksonville 1988. A Retrospective Review of Supracondylar and Intercondylar Femur Fractures, University Medical Center of Jacksonville 1989.
Surgeon-Initiated Active Research Projects
- Clinical Outcomes of TKA patients with non-restrictive geometry (NRG) design prosthesis.
- Clinical Outcomes of Patients with "Pinless Navigation" Knee Technique vs. Standard Knee Surgery.
- Function Results of AVON Patellofemoral Arthroplasty Patients.
- Continued Follow-up of Patients with Cementless Keel In Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Continued Follow-up Comparing Patients with Deep Flexion Knee Design vs. Standard TKA Design.
- Comparison of 2-Incision Technique vs. Posterolateral Approach in Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Clinical Outcomes of the Accolade Stem in Hip Surgery Patients.
Collaborative Knee and Hip Research Projects
- Results of AVON patellofemoral knee surgery.
- Comparison of 23-hour total knee surgery vs. inpatient total knee surgery.
- Comparison of Scorpio posterior-stabilized vs. posterior cruciate ligament-retaining total knee arthroplasty.
- Prospective comparison of radiographic and functional outcomes of computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty.
- Comparison of the Scorpio CR, PS, NRG, & PCS knee implants.
- Ceramic on Ceramic total hip arthroplasty.
- 10-year radiographic analysis of Secur-fit stem.
- Outcomes of total hip arthroplasty using Biolox femoral heads with X3 poly inserts.
- Prospective comparison of large vs. small bearings in total hip arthroplasty.