Welcome to our family!
Our mission is to provide the highest quality of comprehensive orthopedic care to our patients. The information below will help you prepare to join us in this effort.
Orientation Times and Location
Unless otherwise informed, orientation of new employees is held on Monday (except holidays) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the corporate office, 8450 Northwest Boulevard, Indianapolis 46278.
What to bring to orientation
You must bring the following items with you to orientation. This documentation is required for your continued employment.
*Indicates additional requirements for OrthoIndy Hospital positions.
- Proof of identity: passport or two other pieces of identification (example: drivers license plus Social Security card or birth certificate)
- Professional licenses, if applicable
- Diploma / Transcript - Nursing school*
- MMR - Written documentation of vaccination with 2 doses administered at least 28 days apart OR proof of immunity (MMR Titer).*
- Varicella - Written documentation of vaccination with 2 doses of varicella vaccine, Laboratory evidence of immunity or laboratory confirmation of disease (varicella Titer) OR Verification of a history of varicella disease by a healthcare provider.*
- Hepatitis B series or declination form to be signed in orientation.*
- Training certifications (CPR, ACLS, PALS, et cetera).*
- As an added note a Quantiferon blood test will be required during orientation (we do not accept outside PPD results).*
- Voided check to enroll in direct deposit
You should have received an email requesting the completion of on boarding documentation. Please complete this information no later than the Wednesday prior to your start date.
- Administrative Staff: Business casual
- Athletic Trainer: Black, Royal Blue, Pewter or Shocking Pink scrubs
- Medical Assistant: Black, Royal Blue, Pewter or Shocking Pink scrubs
- Patient Intake Clerk: Black, Royal Blue, Pewter or Shocking Pink scrubs
- Radiological Technologist: Black scrubs
- RNs - OR, Pre/Post Op, PACU: Surgical scrubs provided
- RNs - Inpatient Unit: Black scrubs
- Nursing Technicians: Pewter scrubs
- Instrument Room Technicians: Surgical scrubs provided
- Surgical Assistant: Surgical scrubs provided
- PT, OT at OrthoIndy Hospital: Polo shirt, Khaki pants
- Unit Secretary - Inpatient unit: Pewter scrubs
- Unit Secretary - Pre/Post Op: Surgical scrubs provided
- Patient Intake Clerk at OrthoIndy Hospital: Polo shirt, Black or Khaki pants or skirt
- Concierge: Navy Blue or Black Blazer; Navy, Black or Khaki dress pants or skirt