It's the responsibility of the individual looking for observation experience here at OrthoIndy to obtain and gain approval from the provider they wish to observe.
Steps for Observing Clinic or OR
- Please visit the physician directory on our website to choose a provider and their information.
- Once you have a few providers selected, please call 317.802.2000 or call the physician's line directly, which can also be found in the physician directory.
- After speaking to the physician and receiving approval, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the application process.
- You will receive an email from the medical staff office with the link to the online application. Please fill out all sections of the online form and attach the required support documentation (HIPAA signed form, Observer Liability Release form, current PPD, MMR documentation, flu (if in season, and photo ID).
- The PPD can not be expired or expiring before the end of your observing experience. Also, you need a current flu shot (required November 1st to April 1st), MMR documentation (2 dose proof required), and current state driver's license, state-issued ID or student ID.
- Next, the medical staff office will process your application. Once approved, you will receive an email with your approval letter. Please make sure you bring the approval letter along with some form of identification with you to your observation at OrthoIndy.
- It is the responsibility of the individual seeking to observe to reach out to the provider that has accepted you to observe to find out more details regarding arrival times, locations, etc.