Find out more information about what to expect on the day of observation.
Where to Park
- Free parking at all locations. Please park toward the end or furthest away from the entrance to ensure spots are available to patients and visitors.
What to Bring
- Identification and approval letter
- Lunch (OrthoIndy does not provide lunch but OI NW hospital has a café and all other locations have vending machines)
- Any additional instructions from the provider
- Clinic and OR observers: business casual (khakis, pants, polo, nice shirt, closed toe shoes)
- You will be required to change into scrubs that will be provided for you here at OrthoIndy if participating in OR Surgery Observation.
- Approval letters cannot exceed more than a three-month increment. It's up to the provider on how many days allowed to observers.
- If more time is needed, contact email@example.com for additional approval letters.
- Please have all evaluations for observations and rotations sent to the provider/preceptor that accepted you. This ensures all documentation is filled out appropriately reviewing your time spent here at OrthoIndy.
- If your school requires forms to be filled out prior to your observation/rotation starting, a copy of the provider's CV, etc., please contact medicalstaffoffice@orthoIndy.com.
- It's your responsibility to contact your preceptor/provider if you will be sick or late during your scheduled experience.
- Please obtain the provider’s contact information prior to observation/rotation experience.
Please do not call the medical staff office seeking assistance in pairing you with a provider. Providers all have different schedules, locations, vacations, other students currently with them, etc., and the medical staff office does not have access to that information.