COVID-19 Updates from OrthoIndy
At OrthoIndy, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of our patients, employees and community. As an organization, we are staying on top of the latest updates on COVID-19 and recommendations directed from the CDC and State Department of Health. ALL LOCATIONS ARE OPEN!
All patients are REQUIRED to wear a mask to their upcoming appointment or procedure. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Visitor restrictions are in place to help the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
All visitors are required to wear mask and pass the screening process.
All visitors entering the building are 18 or older. One parent or guardian may accompany an underaged patient.
Nurse case managers may attend an appointment with patients but must supply their own PPE.
Only 1 visitor will be allowed into the Inpatient and Post-Op Units at the point of discharge for instructions.
- No one with any symptoms of an illness, including those for COVID-19, will be allowed to visit any of our facilities.
- No one who has had direct exposure to someone with a known infection of COVID-19 within 14 days will be allowed to visit any of our facilities.
- You may be treated, if you are a healthcare worker or first responder who used personal protective equipment while being exposed to someone with COVID-19
If you are showing any symptoms of illness, including COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment.
If you recently had surgery and are experiencing a complication, please call our office immediately at 317.802.2000.
There will be a screening process upon arrival where a member of our team will check your temperature and ask you a few questions.
How to Properly Wear a Mask
All patients are required to wear a mask when visiting one of our OrthoIndy or OrthoIndy Hospital locations. Thank you for your cooperation and understand to help keep others safe. A mask is only effective when wearing it properly.
OrthoIndy is following guidelines from the CDC and Governor:
- Requiring employees to stay home if they are sick.
- Screening all patients/visitors upon arrival.
- Encouraging hand hygiene for employees, patients and visitors.
- Frequently cleaning the facility and disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- Recommending patients/visitors all wear masks to their appointment.
- Following CDC social distancing requirements.
What can I do to protect myself from the coronavirus, COVID-19?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus that had not been previously identified in humans. The virus causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever and in more severe cases, pneumonia. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently and avoiding touching your face.
Information about COVID-19
If you are scheduled for an appointment and are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please reschedule your appointment:
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle Aches
- Lost of taste or smell