What to Expect
At OrthoIndy Urgent Care, a physician assistant or nurse practitioner will examine you, order x-rays if needed, provide a diagnosis and treat your specific injury. If the physician assistant or nurse practitioner determines that a physician is needed for your issue, a referral to one of our orthopedic physicians at the location of your choice will be made.
Meet the Urgent Care Team
The following will NOT be treated at the OrthoIndy Urgent Care clinics:
- Prescription refills
- Individuals bleeding from an injury. Please proceed directly to a hospital emergency room or contact your current treating physician’s office for guidance.
- Individuals whose pain is not the result of a very recent injury or if under the care of an orthopedic surgeon. Please call our office and request to be seen sooner.
- Those suffering from long-term or chronic conditions, such as back pain. Please make an appointment to see one of our physicians who specializes in your condition. (The urgent care clinic is only appropriate in this situation if there has been a fall or other traumatic injury in the past few days.)
- Patients who need to address problems with a cast or surgical dressing. Please contact your treating physician for these issues.
- Injuries due to animal bites.